Husband and wife Dick Strawbridge and Angel Adoree invite you to spend an intimate – maximum of three couples per weekend – French Food Lovers’ experience in their home, Chateau-de-la-Motte Husson.
Set in fairytale surroundings within the Pays de la Loire, France, the Chateau-de-la-Motte Husson sits proudly on the site of an ancient fort, surrounded by twelve acres of stunning parkland.
Compared to the rest of France, three times as many people of Mayenne work the land, and local produce abounds in the markets. Many of the stallholders are locals, selling their surplus harvest.
Dick Strawbridge has always enjoyed growing and rearing his own food, so his move to France was home from home. After becoming a finalist in Celebrity Masterchef, Dick’s love for food became apparent to the nation, and when he met Angel Adoree, founder of The Vintage Patisserie and author of three vintage cook-books, their life became one big food lovers adventure.
Dick and Angel often talked about their dream weekend and what it would entail. Having moved to France, they are now in the position to host a fabulous feast of delicious food and great wine; a celebration of their French country life.
- Arrival on Friday 5pm
- A welcome six-course dinner, unlimited wines and digestifs
- Two night’s stay in one of the spacious and beautiful suites.
- Before you arrive, Dick and Angel will tailor your schedule to ensure you do as much or as little as you want. You can drink wine while watching Dick’s cookery master-class, or relax and enjoy an aperitif in the Grand Salon or in the evening sunshine by the moat. You might decide to take up fishing, bike-riding or join Angel on a flea market adventure!
- Food and drink will be in plentiful supply, so it might be worth fasting for the week before your arrival!
- Departure on Sunday midday, after a very lazy brunch and a final tour of anything not yet seen.
- Collection and delivery can also be organised via the local railway station in Laval (direct links to Paris).
THIS IS CURRENTLY FULLY BOOKED – BUT WE ARE ADDING LOTS MORE EVENTS TO THE DIARY. PLEASE E-MAIL US AND WE WILL ADD YOU TO OUR MAILING LIST!