Husband and wife Dick Strawbridge and Angel Adoree invite you to spend an exclusive (one couple per weekend) French Food Lovers experience in their home, Chateau-de-la-Motte Husson.
Set in fairy-tale surroundings of the Pays de la Loire, France – Chateau-de-la-Motte Husson sits proudly on the site of an ancient fort, surrounded by 12 acres of stunning park-land.
Compared to the rest of France, three times as many of the population of Mayenne work the land and local produce abounds in the markets. Many of the stalls are locals, selling their surplus harvest.
Dick Strawbridge has always enjoyed growing and rearing his own food, so his move to France was home from home. After becoming a finalist in Celebrity Masterchef, Dick’s love for food became apparent to the nation and when he met Angel Adoree, founder of the Vintage Patisserie and author of 3 vintage cook-books, their life became one big food lovers adventure.
Dick and Angel often talked about their dream weekend and what it would entail. After their move to France, they finally feel they are in a privileged position to host a feast of food, wine and lifestyle.
- Arrival on Friday afternoon/evening
- A welcome 6 course dinner, unlimited wines and digestifs
- 2 night stay in the extremely spacious and luxurious Honeymoon Suite. It has a salon, bathroom, tower reading room and bedroom
- There is no fixed schedule and the days revolve around you. Before you arrive Dick and Angel will tailor your schedule to ensure you do as much or as little as you want. You can drink wine while helping with the cooking, or relax and have an aperitif in the Grand Salon or in the evening sunshine by the moat
- Food and drink will be in plentiful supply, so it might be worth fasting for the week before your arrival!
- Departure on Sunday afternoon, post a very lazy brunch or visit to a local flea market.
- Collection and delivery can also be organised from the local railway station in Laval (direct links to Paris) or the local airport, Rennes.
£1000 per couple all inclusive (excluding travel)